Hi!
Welcome to my journey with The Secret!
I am going to be documenting the changes that have been occurring in my life, ever since I watched the movie, The Secret…two or three times, and then started to apply and put into practice, its principals. I am going to be taking advantage of technology (this is going to be a VIDEO Blog wherever possible) so that this message…that being, the message of The Secret…and not my message as a person…is what comes through. I am going to be keeping a Log or Journal of everything I do from here on…and report the results…the good, the bad, and the ugly (great movie), whatever they turn out to be...and finally, publish it to the world via modern technology.
Before I go any further, I want you to understand where I am coming from, by telling you a few things…the ground rules, so to speak.
First, and most important…as Jesus Himself would say, “I tell you the TRUTH. I am only going to be telling you the TRUTH. You will discover, if you haven’t seen the movie or heard about it till now, that the underlying POWER of The Secret, is GOD, therefore I would be an absolute fool and hypocrite to lie about anything, at any time, while writing it. I have absolutely no reason to lie. I don’t make a dime if people go out and buy any of The Secret products after reading my blog…nor do I want to make anything from it. Sure, I am in network marketing…I do have to do something for a living…but, here again, you will learn as I have, that I know that God will take care of me, so I am not at all concerned with that.
Second, the reason why I am doing this is not for my glory, but only for the Glory of God. In the past, when I was doing this or that, I would often ask myself why was I doing it, what was my real reason…was it for my glory, or for the glory of God…and I wasn’t really sure of my motives for doing it. Right now, today, I can tell you that I am absolutely certain that I am doing this for God’s Glory alone…and I’ll tell you the reasons for why I say that later.
Third, that if God is using me in order to get this message out to as many people as possible, then He will be inspiring me to write his words, not mine...so that I report this to you as he would want it told. The message is not new…it’s right there many times in the Holy Bible…“Ask and you will receive.”…“If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.”…“Ask, and it shall be given.” More on this later.
Fourth, because of the profound impact that this has had on my life…it has “hit me like a steel freight train” (James Morrison), and because the changes that are now occurring in my life are nothing short of a miracle, I want to witness to as many people as possible about this, so that they too can experience the same thing…and BELIEVE, because of the changes that they will see in their own lives. Get a hold of the hour and a half movie… do whatever it takes…beg, borrow (but don’t steal!), rent it if you have to, but watch the movie again and again...each time you will get something different out of it…and see for yourselves, if what I’m telling you, is not the truth!
Fifth, I feel like I am on a mission from God…spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ. For the very first time in my life, I feel like I have a purpose…a reason for being here. God has given me a ministry. I know now why I am still alive, and why He has not called me home yet, and believe me, by all rights, I should be dead now…but more on that later.
Anyway, the reason we were created, is to serve God…
“But you’re gonna have to serve somebody, yes indeed
You’re gonna have to serve somebody
Well, it may be the devil or it may be the Lord
But you’re gonna have to serve somebody”
You’re gonna have to serve somebody
Well, it may be the devil or it may be the Lord
But you’re gonna have to serve somebody”
And finally, the things I write about here will be what I believe in my heart to be true, at the time that I write them.
I suppose now would be a good time to tell you about myself…as I was before I watched the movie, so you will be able to see what an amazing transformation I have under gone.
I have been a positive and upbeat person my entire life. Whenever someone would ask me how I was doing, my answer was always, “Terrific!” I guess it is due to the fact that I have always been in sales and marketing, which is all about being positive. And therefore have known the principals The Secret is teaching, almost my entire adult life. Every sales and marketing course, training, book, and motivational speaker/self improvement guru in the world has preached them. “Think and grow rich”…”You will become what you think about most often”, etc. They were all saying the same thing...they just changed it around a little bit...used different words...and put their own spin on it, so as to make it new and different...and therefore marketable.
I have been in the network marketing industry since 1990, when I got laid off because of the recession, and have attended many seminars featuring many of these people. I have met and talked with them during the seminars, as well as over lunch/dinner/drinks.
So, my point is, you would think that with all this knowledge, education, training, and experience, I would have had it all figured out so as to avoid the bad, and attract the good...or at least know WHY everything in my life was either going good or going bad. But, as it turns out, I didn't have a clue. I didn't understand The Secret...I hadn't learned it!
“I've been up...I've been down”…“Good times, bad times, you know I've had my share”.
Looking back, I don’t really know at what point things in my life, changed from everything always going right, to everything always going wrong. At some point, after so many times of getting laid off from a job, because of a recession…and having all my dreams shattered by time (Pozo Seco Singers)…not being where I thought I should be in life…having nothing really to show for it…not having a purpose or a reason for being alive, I got caught in a downward spiral that just kept on perpetuating itself.
I know now that it was of my own making, and that I was the one who was responsible for the change…as well as for everything constantly going wrong for, oh, so many years!
You are familiar with the scenario, I’m sure (see examples in the movie): Everything always would go wrong; nothing was easy; everything was a chore or hassle; there was always a long line every time I went to buy something, traffic was always holding me up; I could never find a parking space; everything I bought didn’t work properly, etc., etc. …until I was so beat up, and so worn down, that I just didn’t even care anymore, about anything. I got to be so negative, that I was always in a bad mood, and was not a very nice person towards other people, especially when my patience was tested, or someone aggravated me for some reason.
I worked for eight years as a Regional Telemarketing Manager for a multibillion dollar international corporation. The company had an annual Sales and Marketing contest…and all sales and telemarketing reps who achieved quota, were treated to an all expenses paid, weeks’ vacation for two at an exotic resort. The reason I mention this, is because the year we all went to Hawaii, I had a telemarketer who turned out to be the most negative person I had ever met in my life. She was an older than most of the girls I had working for me, and, to give you an example of how negative she was…here she is in Hawaii with her son, with literally everything paid for by the company for a week, and all she did was complain! I use to wonder how and why she was so negative…now I know! “Walk a mile in my shoes”!
I have never wanted to live a long time…even when I was young. I am more afraid of living too long, than of dying too soon. I want to be in Heaven as soon as God is ready for me…because it is way better there than it is here! Anyway, it got so bad that I did not want to be alive anymore…I was constantly thing about dying, and wishing that I was dead. I was doing everything I could think of in order to speed up the process, and shorten my life. Every morning, I would wake up and say, bummer, I’m still alive”, and ask God why was I still alive? All throughout the day and night, I would think, “Why am I still alive?…why am I still here?…why can’t I die?...I wish I was dead…”What am I doing here?”
It is truly amazing that I am not dead, what with all the years of negative thinking – “We become what we most often think about.” – and because of my attitude, and all the things I was doing…driving fast in my car or motorcycle with no seat belt or helmet, snow skiing, SCUBA diving…I was involved with just about everything I could think of that was dangerous or hazardous.
I’ve had many close calls, and by all rights, I really should be dead. After I got back from Vietnam, a high school friend had invited me to dinner, with her and her husband. We had a great night, and I was driving home at about three o’clock in the morning…it was dreary, and foggy, and misty…and I drove my brand new (3 weeks old) 1968, SS 396, Camaro convertible right up a tree! In those days, there were only seat belts…no shoulder harness. My face slammed into the center of the sport steering wheel, and shattered my jaw. When I woke up in the hospital with my teeth wired shut, I was told that I had lost a lot of blood, and would have died if a man had not looked out of his window and saw my headlights shining up into the tree. The reason he looked out the window, I found out later, was because the car’s horn was blasting away, and woke him up. The steering wheel had three little buttons at the 12 o’clock, 4 o’clock, and 8 o’clock positions, that you had to push in order to blow the horn.…either the crash had set it off, or my face was pressing down on one of them just right, I don’t know, but if not for that, I would have bled to death, and not been found till morning.
I want to be clear at this point, that there is no way that I was going to commit suicide…all thought I did think about it a lot. I did not want to take the chance of missing out on Heaven, just because I had killed myself.
Well, I see that it is now well after midnight, so I guess I should post this, and try to get some sleep. I say that because I have only been getting 4 or 5 hours (if that – I can’t tell) of sleep every night for the past couple of weeks…ever since I watched the movie…I can’t sleep anymore! I am having so much fun in my business I can’t stand it…so I don’t want to waste any time sleeping, reading the newspaper, watching TV…I even forget to eat. (This morning I weighed the same as the number of a major route in my area….ha, now all my friends and family are going to be trying to figure that one out!) I just lie there in my water bed all night…so excited… so full of joy and bliss…with so many thoughts and ideas going through my brain, that I can’t stop it…and, therefore, can’t fall asleep. I’ll go into more detail another time, but last night I did not sleep at all because I was thinking about writing this Blog today. “I couldn’t sleep at all last night.” I haven’t pulled an all nighter since I was on my last Blues Cruise…and believe it or not, I don’t feel tired at all!
Before I close, you are going to be amazed at all the SIGNS, that kept happening, one right after the other, all morning long…while I was setting up Blogger for the first time…that convinced me beyond a shadow of a doubt, that this is definitely God having me do this! I have never written a letter to the editor, where you had to sign your name, in my life…I am not a writer…and I thought blogs were dumb…and that the only people who wrote them were people who can write; people who like to express their opinions publically…and people who already write columns in newspapers. And besides, who would want to hear what I have to say anyway…my life being what it was? But here I am writing a Blog…amazing!
The hardest part about writing this Blog, is the catching up…there is so much that has happened to me in the last several days, that I want to tell you about…but I want to do it in the order in which it has happened. I am documenting my journey in the hopes that others will be inspired enough, that they will want to take one of their own. At various points while writing today and tonight…I have started to cry tears of joy…I can’t wait to see what God has in mind for me, and where this journey is going to lead to!
Until next time…Be Happy…Feel Good…and Follow Your Bliss!
Jim
<a href="http://www.hypersmash.com">HyperSmash</a>
2 comments:
I am so very happy for you Jimmy! I have wanted for so very long to help you out of your 'funk'. I am so glad that you have found the secret and are willing do share your journey; it will inspire someone else to TRUST and TRY. Love you ... baby sis/Mary
Mary - Thank you so much! You do not realize how much I needed that, and how much it means to me! Yesterday, I started to have second thoughts and doubts about this...so much so that I stopped writing, and started doing something else. You have just validated that this is what I should continue to do...just one more sign along with all the other ones I keep getting! Love you too!
Post a Comment